Friday, May 21, 2010

Baby Girl Burnett!!!


We have a new addition to the family!! A baby girl, 7lbs 13oz, 20 inches long. Born May 20th, 2010 at 10:04pm. We are still discussing names and we will announce that tomorrow! I went into the doctors office yesterday and my blood pressure was up and with a history of high blood pressure in pregnancy the doctor wanted to take the baby. So off to the hospital we went, Brigham left work in the middle of a job, and told them he would come back the next day to finish. We get the pitocen started and nothing. I couldn't feel anything, I was having contractions but nothing hurt or consistant. So from 12:30 pm to 5:30pm I was sitting watching a movie with Brigham and waiting. Brigham was laughing that he should have stayed at work and finished the job he was working on. But after the doctor broke my water at 5:30 (I was only dialated to a 2) things started to get moving. Within the hour I was dialated to a 7 and I requested an epidural. I wasn't planning on getting one but Brigham was an awesome coach and told me that I was starting to loose my focus and asked if I would rather be numb and coherent or numb and loopy (IV meds made me loopy with Kizzy) So choosing to be normal, we went with an epidural and I progressed quickly and but we started noticing baby struggling a bit with each contraction. Dr. Leavett said that the cord must be wrapped around baby's neck, so when I pushed I needed to hurry and get her here and then wait till he and Brigham could cut the cord. So Brigham got to cut the cord twice, once to get it off baby's neck and then again to cut it short. Way cool! I really enjoyed being not loopy this time, With Kizzy when they put her on my tummy I was grossed out, and with this baby I was in love! I just wanted to hold her and hold her. She is definetly a more laid back kiddo. She isn't as persistant (yet) for her food, she will go through 4 hour stretches before she wants to eat. She also has tons of hair and is so much fun.

1 comment:

  1. Aaawwww!!!! How sweet! Congratulations you guys! She is beautiful! She looks soooo much like Kizzy. I can't wait to learn what her name is.

    ReplyDelete