Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy but Sad.

My Grandma Lois died Friday May 15, 2009; she lost the battle fighting liver cancer. She was a Strong independent woman who loved the Lord and who loved her family. Her death has been hard for me. I wasn't able to financially go to her funeral which is today. So I'm going to celebrate her life through my blog.

I have been told by several people that Grandma stood up for me. She saw some hard things I was going through and stood up for me, defending me and doing what was right for me. She came to my wedding even though things were rough between my family and me.

As a kid I remember her being the first one awake and she would go outside and sit on her dad's swing. (My mom owned it) We would wake up and run outside to sit with her and rock. She always said that she was a farm girl and her alarm clock told her she should be up early.

I know that things haven't always been easy for Grandma. She went through a divorce, a death of a husband, cancer 3 times. Yet through it all she still was a compassionate and loving woman. She radiated with the light of the Gospel. She loved to teach primary and gospel doctrine. I only got to go to one of her gospel doctrine classes and I was surprised with the amount of time and energy that she put into her lessons. She taught not only with her knowledge but with the power of the spirit. She was a temple worker as well and really enjoyed the temple. She told me it was the safest and easiest place to be. She said she could feel her Heavenly Father's love surround her when she was there.

I hope and I pray that she will know of my love for her. I truly am grateful she stood up for me, and supported me. I didn't learn about alot of things till I was older. I'm not sure she knew fully that I appreciated that.

I am truly blessed to have had her in my life. She was a wonderful woman who I hope to one day emulate. I am going to strive to be as compassionate and caring as she was. I want to have the gospel strong in my life as she did. I hope that my kids will remember how wonderful she was.

Even though her death is a sad event, I am happy that she gets to go see her Heavenly Father who she loved so much. This is something to rejoice, she gets to be reunited to people that she loved and lost.

1 comment:

  1. Cori, she really loved you and thought you were an awesome Mother and granddaugther. She talked about you guys all of the time and worried about you also. I will be sending you pictures of the funeral and everyone there. She totally would understand why you couldn't make it and would fully support your decision. She loved you lots!!! :)

    ReplyDelete