Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Weekend at Grandpa George's

We went to Caldwell, Idaho again this weekend. But this time for a completely different reason. We watched my dad graduate from his Masters Program at Northwest Nazarene College. We are super proud of him!!

We left later than we normally do on Friday and didn't get in till almost midnight.


As you can see from the pictures it sure doesn't take long before my kids stripped and then fell asleep. Brig and I listened to Harry Potter all the way there and back. I'm extremely lucky to have good kids who aren't to bad in the car.

As usual we had a ton of fun with my Dad and Marsha. They are such sweet spirited people who love to make you feel loved and cherished. You leave with no doubt in your mind that you are loved and cared for. Zeke and Kizzy both felt this and loved to play with them.

We went and saw my mom for a few minutes. Grandma Lois is dying and mom was rushing to leave but we had a good few minutes with her before they needed to leave. My heart goes out to my mom and hopes that she can accept whatever happens.

The graduation was a bit rough at first. Zeke did not want to go into the stadium where the graduation was. I think the speakers were too loud and there was too many people. I'm grateful that he fell asleep though so we didn't miss seeing my dad walk and gett hooded. He was one of the first people to graduate so we had to wait for almost everyone else. Brig and I had left early at Dad's Bachlor graduation and opened the door to let everyone in for the party afterward so we volenteered to do it again. The kids appreciated that. Again we left my dad's alot later than we normally do and didn't get home until midnight. But we had a wonderful time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment