Friday, May 1, 2009

CAKES!!!

I am so excited!! I have the chance to do 2 wedding cakes within the next few months. I'm super excited! This next week I am planning to make 3 cakes for my dad's graduation. A Choclate with Chocolate Fudge filling, a Lemon Poppyseed with Lemon Curd filling, and a Vanilla cake with Strawberry filling with Strawberries and chocolate ganache on top. I also have planned to make a "dummy" cake and enter it into the fair. There are 3 different catagories, Wedding cake, All-occasion, and sugar art flower. I'm going to enter into the wedding cake and the all-occasion this year. I'm going to take tons of pictures of everyones cakes and what I did so you all can see!! It's not until Labor Day but I'm planning like crazy so I can have it be perfect. The wedding cake theme this year is "Like a Wedding Dress" so I'm looking at the techniques I want to accomplish and finding a dress to match. The all-occassion cake theme is "Holiday" so I'm planning on making an earth day cake. Here are some of the pictures of dresses and cake ideas that I love.



Do realize that the cakes on here are just some of the techniques I want to use.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooooooo, one of the cakes had a simple criss cross tie with a bow at the top. I think that one was really pretty!!! Good luck with all your cakes. How fun!

    ReplyDelete