Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tired of being an adult!

I think one of the hardest things about being an adult is acting like one. I really struggle with this sometimes. I am one of those people who just is a little to blunt and outspoken so I end up saying things I really shouldn't have said. One of the arts of acting like an adult is have control over what you say. I really struggled this weekend. I really just wanted to yell and tantrum and have my feelings heard. It took alot of control to realize that I needed to act like an adult and set boundries, watch what I say, and stick to what I say. I'm not saying I did well this weekend but I sure tried.

What a weekend. We went to Caldwell, Idaho to visit my Dad and to help my sister move out of my mom's house. Things didn't go as planned. My sister is going to stay at my mom's house. It was very emotionally hard to have thing not work out. Things were said that were hurtful and rough to all that supported my sister.I hope things work out for her and the promises that where made are kept.

But regardless of that, we got to hang out with my Dad and Marsha. It was fun going to the zoo with them. Kizzy loved the monkeys and Zeke was just not feeling good. He ended up going through 5 daipers and was not as wild as he would have been. My dad is so great with my kids. Kizzy and him love to pick on eachother and play. Marsha loved playing with the kids too. Zeke also was great with Grandpa. It has taken alot of time to get Zeke and my dad to be able to sit and enjoy each other. I enjoyed seeing my dad, it was nice to just relax and have fun.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I hate the feeling of getting upset and then two days later finally thinking of something clever I "should have" said. But even worse, though, is the feeling of regret I get when I've said something I know I shouldn't have. I hope that you can find a way to make ammends with your family. There's nothing more important in this world than family. Do you have any pictures of you guys at the zoo? Did you get my note? Miss ya!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete